Effective date 19 May 2018
- Who are we?
Leonard & Co is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our client’s personal information.
We will only use your personal information to deliver the services you have engaged us to provide, and to meet our legal responsibilities. Ensuring we comply with the rules set out by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Act 2018 enforced by the Information Commissioner Office (ICO).
Leonard & Co takes its responsibilities regarding data protection very seriously.
- Data Protection Office.
If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please contact Mr Neil Leonard who is the Data Protection Officer for Leonard & Co. He will aim to respond to your queries within 30 days of receipt of the query.
You also have a Right to Complain if you feel our service has not been to the standard that you expect. Please put any complaint in writing to Mr N Leonard by either email or letter or phone.
You may also contact the Commissioner’s Office to report any concerns you may have about our data handling practices. httpss://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- What information do we collect and why?
By engaging Leonard & Co as your Accountant you give us permission and consent to hold your personal data for the purpose of providing you with our services. Your bank account details may be required to claim any repayments due back to you by HMRC.
The personal information we collect from you will vary on which services you have engaged us to deliver.
Generally, this will include your name, address, contact details, UTR (unique tax reference) and National Insurance number.
We will confirm the accuracy of the information held on point of the initial meeting, ensuring we have all the relevant information, subsequently at all further points of contact.
We will also review the information held. We will dispose of any information that is not relevant.
All the data held is used wholly for the preparation of your tax returns or accounts or whatever service is used.
4 Information from other sources
We may obtain your data from other sources such as public records. We will also check your details through a soft search. This will not appear on your credit record. It will confirm your address and shows that we have undertaken due diligence.
5 How is your information used?
We will use your personal information to deliver the service you have engaged us to provide. – This will include: –
- Contacting you by post, email or telephone
- Using your records to prepare your Accounts or Tax Returns.
- Understanding your needs
- Process financial transactions
- Prevent and detect crime, fraud or corruption.
6 Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Any staff with access to your information have a duty of confidentially under the ethical standards that that this firm is required to follow.
7 Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information onto our third-party service provider. When
we use a third-party provider we will only provide them with the information necessary to prepare your tax return or Accounts. We have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
8 Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
Whilst we endeavour to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Your rights
- You have the right to be informed about how we use, share and store your personal information.
- Request access to the personal data we hold. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). We are obliged to respond within one month from the date we receive the request.
- Request amendment to your personal data.
- Request your personal data be deleted if you feel it is no longer required for the purposes for which is was obtained.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Leonard & Co by phone or email.
We regularly review and, where necessary update our Privacy Notice.